- In India most of the people are aware of the inauspiciousness of the number 8 and Saturday. Especially those who are under Sade-Sati (7 ½ years Sani period) or in the period called Sani-Rahu or Rahu-Sani have noticed that trouble usually comes on 8th or 17th or 26th or on Saturdays or when the star is Pushyami, Anuradha or Uttarabhadra.
- It is generally believed that India is ruled by this number. India became independent on 15-8-1947 which adds up to 35 which adds up to 8. On that day the star was Pushyami – the 8th Star. Using the Koorma Chakra – we find that Delhi the Capital of India is in the Capricorn area that is ruled by Saturn.
- The Gujarat earthquake of India on 26.01.2001 and the Tsunami of 26.12.2004 made it worse for those who already feared number 8. The Kashmir Earthquake which happened on 08.10.2005 killed about 80,000 people. While earthquakes are common, I noticed that either the death toll was higher or the magnitude of the earthquake was very high whenever such calamities happened on dates under the influence of Saturn. Recently the terror stike on Mumbai hotel happened on 26.11.2008.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Number 8 is auspicious for all those who look into the suffering of human beings. The Buddha was enlightened when He was 35 (=8) years old. The 8 fold path was His solution to the world of suffering. He attained final Nirvana when He was 80. When we stray away from the right path number 8 becomes inauspicious. 8 is considered a lucky number in China where Buddhism flourishes.
The twist and turns
- 8 is the most fascinating and enigmatic single digit number. Feared by many, preferred by a few, this number continues to be the most controversial single digit number in the world of Astrology and Numerology
- The shape of 8 makes it unique. Nothing happens to this number if you invert it upside down. See it in the mirror and you will see the same number. You can draw a line vertically to split the number to get 2 identical halves, a 3 and a laterally reversed 3. If you cut it horizontally you get once again identical halves but this time they are 2 zero's. 8 resembles symbol of infinity that is familiar to mathematicians if you rotate it 90 degrees.
- If you write the numbers from 1 to 9 the stroke of the pen always end downwards. Lo and behold!… 8 is the only number that ends upwards
- Life appears complicated like the loop or the knot in the number 8 but on a closer look you will know that it is just 2 bubbles.
- Chess which is the most mind absorbing game we have 8 pieces and 8 pawns. The board is a 8 x 8 square.